I’ll take a zesty, savoury or salty cocktail any day over a sweet one. Not that sweet cocktails aren’t loads of fun, but a refreshing citrus cocktail always quenches the thirst immediately, whereas sugary sweet ones tend to become sickly after one or two.
50ml lime Juice
2 inch piece cucumber, peeled
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
15ml sugar syrup
Few flakes of sea salt
lime wedge to garnish
1. Place ginger and cucumber in a cocktail shaker and muddle until all the juice is extracted.
2. Add gin, lime juice, sugar syrup and salt. Stir together with a long spoon.
3. cover mixture with ice and shake vigorously.
4. Fill a small tumbler glass with crushed ice, strain and pour gin cocktail over the ice.
5. Garnish with a wedge of lime