Recipe: Honey-Crumbed Camembert Salad with Lardons and Pear
Here is a posh salad that will make you feel very fancy indeed. Warm honey-crumbed crunchy wedges of camembert, deliciously melting on the inside, served on a bed or salad with salty bacon lardons and sweet pear. Along with a glass of crisp white wine it’s too good to resist!
Honey-Crumbed Camembert Salad with Lardons and Pear
Serves 2 – 4
- Cut the camembert in half. On each half, mark with a knife 8 sections of cheese. Cut carefully (You may need to wipe your knife after each time).
- Brush each piece of cheese with honey. Dip in the flour, shake off excess. Cost in the beaten egg and then cover thoroughly in breadcrumbs. Place in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Start heating enough oil in a pan so the camembert can be submerged.
- While waiting, fry the bacon lardons in a glug of oil, after a minute add the croutons, stirring to coat in the oil. Cook until croutons are golden brown and bacon crispy.
- Now the oil is ready, gently fry the camembert in batches until golden brown.
- Wash and spin your salad leaves. Slice pear into thin slithers lengthways. Chop walnuts roughly.
- To prepare the dressing. Mix all ingredients in a jar and shake. (or a small bowl and beat with a fork).
- To arrange the Salad: Pour some of the dressing into the salad leaves, mix and scatter onto plates. Layer on top the bacon, croutons, pear, and fried honey camembert pieces. Finally scatter with walnuts.