Recipe: Miso Ginger Pork Noodles
This dish is your friend. Quick, easy, and super tasty, it literally is a 15 minute meal of the best kind. Or less if you make it all the time like me. Think I am down to about 10 minutes so far. It’s approximately 4 minutes for the egg noodles to boil, a few minutes preparing vegetables thanks to my handy spring onion cutter tool (see below), mix sauce together and then cooking time roughly 5 – 7 minutes. It’s seriously fast and yum and addictive.
Miso Ginger Pork Mince Noodles
1 tbsp vegetable oil or rapeseeds oil for frying
1 small leek, sliced thinly
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 small knob ginger, minced
200g pork mince
50ml hot water
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp miso paste
2 spring onions, sliced thinly
1. Fry garlic, ginger, leek until soft. Next add pork mince and cook until well browned.
2. Boil egg noodles according to packet instructions.
3. Mix together hot water, miso, soy and mirin. Pour over pork and cook until thickened slightly.
4. Serve miso mince sauce over egg noodles, garnish with spring onions.
NOTES: Additional ingredient options:
- Try adding mushrooms or a red chilli to the pork miso sauce. Fry along with leek, garlic and ginger.
- Cucumber can also be used as a garnish along with the spring onions.
*This week some of my Asian cooking dreams came true with the discovery of a brilliant website called Kitchen Provisions www.kitchenprovisions.co.uk, where I got this trusty little spring onion cutter. It allows you to prepare garnishes the proper Asian way and also shred vegetables so thin, they cook in a flash and melt into a sauce easily. It’s a great kitchen accessory. Plus it makes my dishes look more authentic.
The fabulous Spring Onion Cutter from Kitchen Provisions www.kitchenprovisions.co.uk – A handy little kitchen tool
Shred spring onions in seconds…