Recipe: Roasted Lemon Garlic Chicken
A nice easy comforting weekend meal.
Roasted Lemon Garlic Chicken
8 chicken thighs with skin on
2 whole garlic bulbs
2 banana shallots, peeled and cut lengthways
2 sprigs thyme
1 knob butter
175ml white wine
50ml light chicken stock
1 lemon sliced + squeeze of lemon juice
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chicken thighs until skin is golden and crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan; add chicken stock, white wine, squeeze of lemon, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Bring to boiling point then remove from heat and pour liquid into an oven dish. Place chicken thighs on top of liquid, crispy skin side up along with garlic bulbs and lemon slices nestled tightly between the meat. Place in the oven and cook for 45 – 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a griddle pan, char asparagus and shallots until soft.
- Remove chicken from oven and add asparagus and shallots to the pan. Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with potatoes, salad or crusty bread.