Recipe: Vietnamese Skewers with Lemongrass
Throw these Vietnamese skewers with lemongrass on the BBQ or at home on your stove-top griddle pan – they’re juicy and full with fresh Vietnamese flavours of mint, lemongrass, chilli and lime juice.
Pork and chicken mince are a good pairing complimenting each others flavour – its common to mix them in Asian cooking especially for dumplings, wantons etc. Pork mince also helps keep the chicken mince moist and juicy during the cooking process, as chicken off the bone can become dry and rubbery when cooked a little too long.
Goes well served with a Vietnamese noodle salad or any other kind.
Vietnamese Skewers with Lemongrass
250g pork mince
250g chicken mince
1 tbsp lemongrass, minced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 green chilli, minced
1 spring onion, minced
1 tbsp ginger, minced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp chopped coriander
2 tbsp chopped mint
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
2. Using 2 tbsp of mince at a time, form a sausage style kebab. Continue until there is no meat remaining.
3. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm.
4. Remove from fridge and gently run a skewer through each mince kebab.
5. Lightly brush with oil and grill on the BBQ or your stove-top griddle pan until cooked nicely. Be careful not to over-grill so they become dry. Serve with a wedge of lime.